What is the expected temperature for ocean water at the equator at a depth of 500 meters?
Where is the thermocline least developed?
–Small Groups: Checking Up (p. 472).
–Individual: Fill in blank –Guided Reading notes
–Open Note quiz: “Dead Zones & Eutrophication: How Food We Eat Is Connected to Water Pollution”
- Diagram the process of eutrophication.
- In all of the world, how many dead zones are there?
- Where is the most famous dead zone located?
- Which state is closest in area to the area you determined for the total Hypoxic Zone?
- What are the largest sources contributing nitrogen & phosphorus to the Mississippi River?
Hook: What limits the size of a population? Can a population grow forever?